Since I began my Oily Journey a few years ago, I have gone from having the cute little bottles of oil from my starter kit sitting and looking cute (but unused) in my bedroom to including oils in every moment … Continue reading
Last week we talked a lot about getting rid of toxic influences in our lives. Just as you would never try to improve someone’s lung health while not working to help them quit smoking first, we try to help people eliminate known toxins from their homes, diet, and lifestyle before we begin to build them a program to give them proper nutrition. This is the first step to wellness.
So this week we are ready to start talking about things we need to add to our lives to improve wellness. I have mentioned it before in several posts but I believe it is so important to commit ourselves to a lifestyle change, not a diet. We need a new way of eating. For me, I need it to be simple, yummy, affordable, and convenient.
The system that is working for me is this:
1. I try to eat homemade foods that are unprocessed, unpackaged, and fresh. I plan my menus once a week to include fresh, organic, locally grown fruits and vegetables ,Pastured meats/poultry, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, and coconut oil.
2. My beverages include unsweetened decaffeinated tea, Sparkling water, NingXia Red, and Water. To these I add essential oils as desired.
3. I eat when I am hungry. I don’t measure anything. I have a free meal once a week where I enjoy treats that are not on my eating plan. I do not eat after 8PM.
I also use a few supplements. According to Dr. Jim Bob Haggerton, a Chiropractor in Texas, there are 4 core supplements that we are not able to get in our diets. This is due to soil depletion and inadequate supplies of food.
These are the supplements I use:
- NingXia Red-This sweet and tangy drink’s formula includes wolfberry, which is touted for its health benefits. Also featuring plum, aronia, cherry, blueberry, and pomegranate juices and extracts, Young Living’s NingXia Red is packed with superfoods to support overall wellness.In addition to these antioxidant ingredients, NingXia Red’s formula includes pure vanilla extract and Lemon, Orange, Yuzu, and Tangerine essential oils for a great-tasting, healthy treat.Young Living NingXia Red benefits include support for energy levels, normal cellular function, and whole-body and normal eye health. A daily shot of 2–4 ounces helps support overall wellness with powerful antioxidants.
- Life 5--A high-potency probiotic, Life 5™ represents the culmination of years of extensive research. Life 5 builds and restores core intestinal health by providing five clinically proven probiotic strains including two advanced super strains to enhance intestinal health, sustain energy and improve immunity. Life 5 contains 10 billion active cultures and improves colonization up to 10 times. This probiotic helps balance gut flora. According to Dr. Haggerton, the good bacteria in our gut help us create Serotonin which is a neurotransmitter that helps us with normal brain chemistry.
- Omegagize--OmegaGize³™ combines the power of three core daily supplements-omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D-3, and CoQ10 (ubiquinone). These supplements combine with our proprietary enhancement essential oil blend to create an omega-3, DHA-rich fish oil supplement that may support general wellness. Used daily these ingredients work synergistically to support normal brain, heart, eye, and joint health.*
- Multigreens-MultiGreens™ is a nutritious chlorophyll formula designed to boost vitality by working with the glandular, nervous, and circulatory systems. MultiGreens is made with spirulina, alfalfa sprouts, barley grass, bee pollen, eleuthero, Pacific kelp, and therapeutic-grade essential oils.
This is the nutrition plan that is working for my body to promote health and vitality as well as help me with body composition. With this plan I have been able to increase lean body mass and decrease my body fat percentage. Staying well hydrated is key.
If interested, you can access all these products and the Young Living essential oils through me. The best way to make these products part of your life is to join as a wholesale member so you can have the wholesale discount of 24% on all your orders. Also, many Health Savings Accounts will cover these purchases. To join, just go to my personal website.
If you would like me to contact you to talk about how Young Living could help you achieve your wellness goals, just fill in the form below and click “Submit”:
Toxins are all around us. There is really no way to avoid toxins completely. They are in our water, our air, our food and our personal hygiene items. We operate cars, we mow our lawn,etc… You get the point. Our … Continue reading
Today’s post is an informative one. Especially if you are already a Young Living member, because I am going to tell you all about essential rewards, Further referenced as “ER” and explain it in an easy fashion since it was … Continue reading
I started using Young Living Essential oils in 2011 when my Mom gave me a sample. I immediately joined. The oils have become part of my life and have changed it for the better. I signed up with Young Living because … Continue reading
I don’t do “party” type direct sales stuff. I’ve always felt uneasy about leveraging relationships to get free stuff or make money. Just a quirk of mine. But I am always looking for great products to simplify and improve my … Continue reading
I Began using Young Living essentials oils this summer. I know, I’m late to the table on this incredible trend! Please check out my Essential Oils Board on Pinterest too! http://www.pinterest.com/lori_frank/young-living-oils/ Today I wanted to share with you my most loved and used oils and products for Fall:
1. Diffusing- I love my diffuser! Actually I have Two! The air this time of year is SO dry. So I keep one going in our kitchen/family room area as well as one beside our bed. The added moisture protects our airways and skin from drying out and the fragrances are heavenly. I always keep “Peace and Calming” in our beside one. During the day, I love to diffuse “Lemongrass” to wake us up and give us energy and mental clarity. These are some more of our favorite oils to use in our diffuser…
Autumn scents- 3 drops each of “Cinnamon bark, Nutmeg, cloves, Idaho Blue spruce”, and 5 drops of “Orange”.
Romantic moments- 8 drops of “Sensation”
End of Day- “Joy” I get this started diffusing right before Hubby comes home from work. It is a cozy and welcoming homey fragrance.
2. Health: I make my own hand sanitizer spray with the famous “Theives” blend. I also gargle with a mixture of 2T water and 2 drops each of thieves and purification twice a day. It kills all those dangerous bugs and keeps us from getting sick. If there is sickness in the house, I diffuse these two as well. I rub my thyroid gland with “Myrrh” to support its function since I have problems in this area. I massage “Lavender” oil into lymph glands on the neck when we get congested.
3. Beauty: I apply “Frankincense” and “Myrrh” directly to my face, neck and décolletage after I wash my face at bedtime. It is a great moisturizer and fades dark spots and fine lines. They are also great to fade scars and stretch marks. In the morning, I put “rose” oil on my face for moisture before my makeup. I use a little spray bottle with water and a couple drops of “Lavender” oil to set my makeup each day. This takes away the powdery look of mineral makeup and keeps it in place all day. (hint: I keep it in the fridge to mist my face in the hot months.)
4. Hydration: I never have trouble getting all my water in because I add a drop or two of “lemon” or “lime” in every glass. I also love to drink hot water or decaf tea with a drop or two of “peppermint” to soothe my throat and settle my stomach.
5. Perfume: I love using my oils as perfume. I have used “cinnamon, ginger, and cloves” together and been stopped by men asking what it was. They loved it! It smells like pumpkin pie! “Joy” is great. And so is “Lavender and Lime” together. And if you like that earthy smell, “Patchouli”.
There is so much information on the various ways to use The Young Living Essential oils on the website too. I urge you to check it out and see all the reasons these precious gifts from the Earth that God made are good for us and useful for everyday living. The claims I’m making are just from my personal experience. I’ve heard of them being used successfully for ADHA, chronic pain, teething, and insomnia too. I do not sell the oils myself. But, If you are interested in bringing these powerful oils into your life I would love for you to order them through my mother or my friend Sarah Devore. I suggest you start with the Premium starter kit because it comes with a large variety of oils as well as a diffuser and some samples. It is the best value. They also are perfect for Christmas! Here is what you get for $160:
Fill your Young Living journey with the priceless benefits of essential oil aromatherapy! This brand-new kit features our stylish Aroma Diffuser™, which uses cutting-edge ultrasonic technology to create a healthy, fragrant environment through essential oils. An extraordinary value, this kit is the perfect starting point for those who are serious about making essential oils a transformative—and elegant—addition to their lives!
Kit includes: Everyday Oils™ collection, the all-new Aroma Diffuser, Welcome to Young Living booklet, Essential Oils at a Glance user’s guide, Member Resource Guide, S.E.E.D. Sharing for Success booklet, Citrus Fresh 5-ml, AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment, two sample sachets each of: Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming®, Lemon, and Thieves®, two NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples, Business cards sample pack, Member Agreement, Product Guide
The Website you need is http://www.youngliving.org
To order through my Mom, Barbara Masters, in Oklahoma you can go to the Young Living Website http://www.youngliving.org and enter Member #1677098, Password: Barlar6465 Then click on “products”. If you would like her to walk you through it or answer any questions her email is email@example.com
Or feel free to leave a comment on this post and I will help you walk through the order process.